1. It’s the third largest island in the Mediterranean and who could say no to that.
2. No, the Greeks and Turks on the island are not at war.
3. Love goddess Aphrodite was born here and you can see the pool where she is said to have bathed (naked, presumably).
4. You can taste halloumi, a heavenly sheep’s cheese with thyme.
5. Cyprus has a higher standard living of Greece.
6. The ruins at Kourion and the Roman mosaics of Pafos.
7. The whitewashed village of Omodos.
8. The bar “Different” in Pafos.
9. Hiking in the unspoiled Akamas peninsula.
10. The friendly Cypriots.