Attention Eurotrash shoppers: Beyond the confines of your beloved Soho (which you pretty much ruined), Manhattan retail is reeling. We reported previously that NYC hotel occupancy rates have taken a 30 percent tumble. While there are no figures as yet, the fact that the city continues to be battered by the recession becomes clearer by the day. It is now impossible for any New Yorker to walk a familiar route and not find evidence of restaurants and shops that have floundered, cut and run. And there’s no sign the Swiss cheese syndrome is on the ebb. A bit of Bloomberg cash could plug some of the holes, but don’t expect much from the mayor that recent polls have shown folks here barely tolerate. New York City, America’s front door to the world? As Tootie from The Facts of Life would say, We are in trouble…
- Gay NYC: 101 Can’t-Miss-Places, As Banned by Apple
- Is this the world’s coolest airport terminal?
- Thank Bjork for Gaga
- “This is my sausage! Look at my sausage! My wonderful SAUSAGE!!”
- This movie just looks really, really stupid
- Gaga: The World in One Lady?
- Lady Gaga Welcomed Back to New York
- Nice work, NY Daily News but…
- Memo to Argentina: Los Falklands Aren’t Yours
- Pictures from the Rubin Museum of Art Giftshop